Thursday 24 April 2014

Book Review - The Fault In Our Stars

Title: The Fault In Our Stars

Author: John Green2014, john green,

Publication Date: January 10th 2012

Publisher: Dutton Books


Rating: 4 Stars Out of 5 Stars

Description: Despite the tumor-shrinking medical miracle that has bought her a few years, Hazel has never been anything but terminal, her final chapter inscribed upon diagnosis. But when a gorgeous plot twist named Augustus Waters suddenly appears at Cancer Kid Support Group, Hazel's story is about to be completely rewritten.






Review:
This book broke my heart. 

Twice.
The first time I read it.
And 10 minutes ago.

Do you understand just how much this book broke my heart? Each time?
This heart-wrenching, tear-stealing book?
It was like. Take knife. Stab into heart. Stab hard. Stab harder. Then pull it out and dump salt into wound. 

Yeah, that's how painful it is too read this book. In a good way. 
The first time I read this book I was actually quite reluctant (yes, yes) because I usually dislike overrated books. I find that the hype makes it more disappointing and thus I try to stay away from overrated books. However, after finding out that the movie was coming out this year and Ansel and Shailene were in it I gave it a try and I just...

I admit, this book isn't the BEST book in the world. Okay. There I said it. That's why I only gave it a 4 out of 5. However, that's just the writing style. But, if you are looking for a book for feels and sadness. Go read this book. Run to it.

If you have not read this book. 
1. You need to buy it.
2. You need to download it.

And don’t blame me for the feels that will come. Don’t blame me for how much you love Gus. Don’t blame me for how much you want to throw the book at someone. Blame John Green for writing such a beautiful book which just grabs at your heart and latches on until you're in tears. But let me just tell you, you will NOT regret it. 

Not now. Now ever. 

This book will be so impactful it will change your mindset about everything. So go read it and go love it. And then understand how much I want someone to love me like Augustus did Hazel. How much I want those infinities and those moments where I can feel I'm loved. How much I want someone to say okay to me. Because that’s how strong their love is. and that’s how strong I want someone to love me one day. 

I want to have a Gus to love me one day. And because of this book, I'm believing that maybe maybe I can.


Literally, I could go on forever about this book and how sweet Gus is. And how much he DID NOT DESERVE TO DIE because Hazel and him deserved a happy ending but I'm actually really happy that the book ended like this.

It was the saddest perfect ending ever.

Yup, that sentence pretty much sums up the entire book actually.

Here is one of my most favourite quotes from the book I found online. Please message me if you know who made this:)





And don't say I didn't warn you. Buy boxes of tissues before reading this book. Good Luck!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I will get back to you as soon as I can! Promise:)