Wednesday 16 July 2014

Waiting on Wednesday #7 - The Jewel by Amy Ewing


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted on Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection by me is:






The Jewel

The Lone City #1


Author: Amy Ewing

Publication Date: 2nd September 2014

Publisher: HarperTeen

Page Count: 358 Pages
(Hardcover)






Summary from Goodreads: 

The Jewel means wealth. The Jewel means beauty. The Jewel means royalty. But for girls like Violet, the Jewel means servitude. Not just any kind of servitude. Violet, born and raised in the Marsh, has been trained as a surrogate for the royalty—because in the Jewel the only thing more important than opulence is offspring.

Purchased at the surrogacy auction by the Duchess of the Lake and greeted with a slap to the face, Violet (now known only as #197) quickly learns of the brutal truths that lie beneath the Jewel’s glittering facade: the cruelty, backstabbing, and hidden violence that have become the royal way of life.

Violet must accept the ugly realities of her existence... and try to stay alive. But then a forbidden romance erupts between Violet and a handsome gentleman hired as a companion to the Duchess’s petulant niece. Though his presence makes life in the Jewel a bit brighter, the consequences of their illicit relationship will cost them both more than they bargained for.

I'm not too sure about this one. Mostly because I've not have I heard much about it. All I know is that it is apparently something like The Selection by Kiera Cass which I loved. Therefore I'm really excited about this book too! Also, the cover, the title and the summary make the book even more enticing!

2 comments:

  1. this one sounds amazing. I can't wait to read this one either. Plus I really enjoyed the selection, and I'm hoping that it will be just as good.

    Grace
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete

I will get back to you as soon as I can! Promise:)