Tuesday 23 December 2014

Top 10 Covers - 2014 Edition (Day 7)


Hey everyone! Today I'll be talking about my 7th post in the series. In this Iedition, the theme is 'Top 10 Covers"! This list includes types of book covers that I seriously adore for books and those that I seriously dislike. 

The other posts in the Top-10 list for 2014 so far include:

------
Least Favorite Types of Covers

I will first share my 5 least favorite types of covers before I continue with my favorites. As I do not want to offend any authors, I will not be posting the book covers and titles under this segment. This list is in no particular order.



1. Covers with Real Life Models

Thoughts: I cannot stand covers with real life models. Although I said this list is in no particular order - this is the one type of cover that I absolutely cannot stand. 

2. Overdone Covers

Thoughts: Have you ever seen those covers where there seems to be too many things in it and it feels like the cover designer added too many details? Yeah, I really dislike those kinds of covers.

3. Fakish Covers


Thoughts: Sometimes people really need to go for photoshop lessons. There are some covers that really look very fake because the photoshop wasn't done well.


4. Covers with Ugly Fonts


Thoughts: There are so many covers with really horrible fonts that I can name and I honestly wished I could change it because the effect would be so much better.

5. Covers with dull colors


Thoughts: I know that this seems weird but I really dislike books that have weird dull colors. I am fine if its used with significance but there are some books that have really weird colors that don't make sense and don't fit the cover.






------

Favorite Types of Covers

Finally I have come to my 5 favorite types of covers! I tried to come up with titles for each type but couldn't come up with as many as I would have liked to. Here are the types of covers that I really love. This list is in no particular order.


1. Covers with models that are graphically drawn

I don't really know how to explain this but I have some examples of this types of covers. I really adore them especially if they are done nicely, like these 3:
  • Insanity by Cameron Jace
  • Prisoner of Night and Fog by Anne Blankman
  • Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas

2. Covers with titles that are handwritten/designed

It seems that many covers now have handwritten or specially designed titles that make each book look super unique. Here are some of my favorites:
  • Side Effects May Vary by Julie Murphy
  • The Improbable Theory of Ana and Zak by Jennifer Echols
  • I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson

3. Colorful Covers


Colorful Covers. Seriously who doesn't love them! Here are some of my personal favorites:

  • A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Gray
  • Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi
  • Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch

4. Covers with Significance/Symbols


I love covers that have a simple single symbol of some sort but holds much significance to the book, such as these books:

  • Cinder by Marissa Meyer
  • Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige
  • Legend by Marie Lu

5. Simple but Mysterious Covers


I really like these covers because although they don't really tell you much about the story itself, they make you intrigued with the story with all the mysterious elements found in the cover that makes you go "What kind of cover is that?! I still want to read it though." :P

  • The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson
  • The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
  • Hourglass by Myra McEntire

-------

That's it from me! This took way too much time though haha! Do look out for my Top 10 post tomorrow! The theme will be 'Top 10 Genres'! Do join me in creating this top 10 2014 end year series if you would like to and please comment down below to your top 10! I would be most glad and excited to look at it :)


------
*All pictures and graphics do not belong to me. I take no credit for any of it.
** All opinions are mine and are in no way influenced by anyone or anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I will get back to you as soon as I can! Promise:)